What are the 5 Most Dangerous Foods in the World?
We all love food. We live to eat, not the other way around. But what are the most dangerous foods in the world? You might be wondering why some of these foods are so dangerous, but it’s important to know that many of these foods can kill you if they’re consumed incorrectly or with any type of allergy. Read on for a list of five deadly dishes from around the world that have been known to cause death when eaten improperly!
1) Botulism – Found in improperly canned food with low acid content, this causes paralysis and respiratory failure
2) Pufferfish or fugu – this fish is poisonous and one of its organs, the liver, contains tetrodotoxin. The amount of toxin varies with each puffer fish depending on where it was caught since different waters have different levels of toxins. It might not kill you but it will give you a tingling sensation on your lips and tongue as well as numbness in your limbs.
3) Cashew Nuts – If eaten raw, cashew nuts have been known to cause severe allergic reactions in some people with a tree nut allergy. They also contain a toxic chemical called Anacardium Occidentale which can lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The good news is that these symptoms only happen when someone eats more than 10 whole cashews at once!
4) Potatoes – potatoes contain solanine which is toxic to humans when eaten raw or cooked at high temperatures. Symptoms include stomach pains, diarrhea, drowsiness, vomiting and headaches.
5) Ciguatera Fish Poisoning – This is caused by eating fish that have eaten toxic algae, and it can cause long term neurological problems